Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Playmate Turns a New Leaf


It takes different folks different amounts of time to grow up, but former Baywatch star Donna D'errico believes she finally has.  She has gone from the 1995 Playboy playmate to a very religious mother who never misses Mass, shares her deep convictions with her children and says she would never vote for Barack Obama.


This summer she was in the news for injuries she received while on a trek to find Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat.

She told Fox News that she feels “like another person.” “I’ve made mistakes and choices in my past that I wouldn’t make today,” she said. “That’s a chapter in my life that I’ve closed the door on. It seems to me like another person. It’s not who I am today.”

She says, there’s “no way” she’s voting for Barack Obama instead: her heart is still with pro-life and pro-family Rep. Ron Paul. “I’m not supporting Barack Obama, no way. I’m still supporting Ron Paul to be honest with you. My support for him has never wavered.”

Some may view this continued support for a third candidate to be a waste of time, but frankly I find it commendable.  I am sick of hearing people say that voting for a third party is throwing a vote a way or casting a vote for Obama.  In all my years of Bible study I've never read anywhere that it is acceptable to vote for the lesser of two evils.  Am I calling Romney and Obama evil?  Maybe.  Neither one is taking a stand for white people, a people who are facing genocide.

The fact is that voting for the lesser over the years has gotten us where we are today.  At some point in time, people must vote their convictions.  They must support what is right. 

I am not saying that voting for Ron Paul is the right thing to do, though I do appreciate his strict stand for the Constitution and his brave expose of the unlawful Federal Reserve system which is crippling this nation financially.  But when I talk to people who say that this or that candidate is really the right person for the job, but won't get their vote, I find it alarming and I appreciate those who stand for their beliefs whether popular or not.

No comments: